Trading Manager – Petrochemicals
Organization: Marathon Petroleum
Date Posted: 11/22/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Management
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
The Petrochemical organization handles base and discretionary petrochemicals for MPC’s coast-to-coast refining network. These streams include all grades of propylene, benzene, toluene, xylenes, and cumene. The Petrochemical Trading Manager will lead commercial trading activity for MPC’s petrochemical business, including managing existing commercial relationships and developing new opportunities. This position will manage four traders and will report directly to the Petrochemicals Marketing Manager.
- Monitor and understand the daily activities, trends, and economic drivers for various petrochemical & derivative markets. Recommend and manage trading strategies that maximize short-and long-term profitability while achieving financial targets.
- Recommend & implement approved commercial trading plans, including short and long-term objectives, to profitably optimize business opportunities. Develop creative and innovative strategies for the growth. Negotiate, manage, and monetize approved strategies. Support daily needs and mentor Traders.
- Support development/refinement of market analytics, building/maintaining customer relationships, as well as back-office support as needed.
- Recommend and achieve meaningful financial targets for organization.
- Collaborate with Refining, MPLX, and Business Development on asset and project development.
- Work closely with other groups including Refining, Clean Products, Accounting, Transportation & Logistics, Legal, and Commercial Credit to manage business.
- Focus on performance development for employees, setting clear expectations and providing consistent, prompt feedback on achievements and areas for improvement.
- Support various corporate reporting functions, including S&D Forecast, Short/Long-term Internal Pricing Forecasts, MPC’s Business Planning process, R&M Reporting, and Lookback analysis.
- Actively participate in industry associations and attend conferences as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or other related field is required.
- 15+ years of commercial experience preferred
- Experience leading a commercial organization preferred
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at this link.