Senior or Lead Engineer
Organization: Rhode Island Energy
Date Posted: 10/3/2022
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Primary Category: Engineering
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
As a Senior or Lead Engineer you will provide technical expertise and support from an engineering perspective to ensure safe and effective operation, maintenance, and enhancement of RI Energy’s gas distribution network in accordance with the corporate strategic plan. The position will encompass a range of responsibilities includes providing technical support for project justifications on LNG/CNG projects and ensure related work are in compliance with company, State, and Federal policy and regulatory requirements. In addition, the individual is responsible for ensuring other RI Energy business units are provided with the appropriate technical expertise to meet strategic requirements.
This position is one of RI Energy career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
- Plan, design, and provide support for the execution of LNG/CNG projects
- Technical expert to support projects in its entirety or in their specific expertise and provide professional engineering certification (PE Stamp as applicable).
- Provide technical assistant on reports in accordance with Regulatory requirements and Company needs
- Independently collate and analyze data within one area using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department’s decision-making process
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team of both technical and non-technical professionals
- Assist in emergency/storm restoration efforts
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school.
- At least 6-10 years LNG/CNG engineering or equivalent work experience,
- Knowledge of Federal DOT and State Codes related to the T&D of natural gas as well as applicable industry codes is preferred, but not required.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to change, and desire to consistently learn and improve
- Ability to thrive both independently and/or as part of a team, depending on what the task at hand calls for
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please follow this link.