SENIOR ELECTRICITY MARKET ANALYST AND POLICY CONSULTANT
Organization: Power Advisory LLC
Date Posted: 10/4/2021
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Power Advisory LLC is a management consulting firm specializing in electricity market analysis and strategy, power procurement, policy development, regulatory and litigation support, market design and project feasibility assessment and go-to-market strategy. We are looking for a hardworking, self-directed and analytically-minded senior consultant who can provide support to Power Advisory clients and staff.
Senior Consultants collect and analyze financial,statistical, technical and economic data; develop spreadsheets; create databases;and prepare and deliver reports to clients. They are also responsible for performing and overseeing broad research and developing and distilling market insights that are core to the services that we offer clients. They work with team members to strengthen their research and analytical skills as well as understanding of the electricity sector. The company is fast-paced and deadline driven.
This is a salaried full-time position. It is functionally remote (i.e., you will not be working from the Concord, MA address identified for the US), but the Boston area is strongly preferred, and Power Advisory would cover a suitable coworking space if desired.
• Conduct research on relevant electricity market topics, including market design, policy, regulations and electricity infrastructure projects/developments
• Develop work products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) that synthesize information into recommendations for clients and address client key questions
• Prepare client communications
• Communicate with clients on an ongoing basis and present key findings to clients
• Participate as a member of consulting teams including having full project/client management responsibilities
• Support business development efforts,including proposal preparation, management of social media accounts, drafting of public client notes on various topics and industry event attendance
• Help develop electricity market,financial and economic models and perform complex spreadsheet analyses
• Provide guidance, coaching and quality assurance to junior staff
• Have at least 3-6 years of experience in the electricity sector
• Offer experience conducting research and drafting reports
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
• Provide strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Programming skills are a bonus.
• Able to work independently and efficiently and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Interest in electricity markets and energy policy
• Knowledge of renewable energy (solar,wind, hydro) and energy storage industries
• Possess a four-year degree in business, economics, engineering, or other related technical discipline(required); post-graduate studies a plus
• Strong academic record and prior professional work experience (required)
Power Advisory seeks to attract, train and develop highly qualified staff. Position offers health care benefits, company funded retirement account and annual bonuses, which are typically significant, commensurate to individual contributions. As a growing firm in a vibrant sector, Power Advisory offers significant growth opportunities. The fast-paced work environment and close working relationship with senior staff provides significant opportunity for professional growth.
About the Company:
Power Advisory is a leading electricity management consulting firm specializing in market analysis, business strategy, generation, transmission, distribution, and energy storage development and procurement, policy development, regulatory and litigation support, contract management support, wholesale market design,project feasibility assessment and technical due diligence. Power Advisory has offices in Boston,Calgary, and Toronto.
Power Advisory offers extensive experience across North American electricity markets. Our market assessments are robust and reflect the deep understanding of the power system, market design and investment climate. Furthermore, we are regularly called upon by clients to critically assess project economics and to evaluate the reasonableness of their underlying assumptions.
Our advice is based on an understanding of fundamental economic drivers as shaped by electricity market structures, electricity market design, project development and associated commercial and financing agreements, regulatory frameworks, and market behavior. Our consulting services are provided by seasoned electricity sector professionals who offer a wide breadth and significant depth of industry knowledge. This experience and knowledge, combined witha detailed understanding of market fundamentals, yields the strategic insights that provide clients with the market advice that enhances project value and mitigates project risk.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are asked to visit Power Advisory’s website www.poweradvisoryllc.com to make themselves familiar with the organization. To apply,please send a cover letter, resume and a writing sample (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Senior Consultant Opening”. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview may be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in Power Advisory.