RESEARCH ASSOCIATE INTERN (2022 INTERNSHIP)
Organization: Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC
Date Posted: 10/19/2021
City: Framingham (remote hybrid)
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time preferred
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
OVERVIEW: We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and organized Research Associate intern capable of contributing to a thriving consulting practice in supporting the needs of a diverse set of clients and tasks. In this position, you will perform research as well as quantitative market, financial, and economic analysis pertaining to the renewable energy industry. This position represents an opportunity to gain exposure to, and experience with, a wide range of topics and stakeholders active in the renewable energy industry.
COMPANY: Founded in 1998, Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC (www.seadvantage.com) (SEA) is a small, successful and growing renewable energy consulting and advisory firm recognized regionally and nationally as a leader in shaping and supporting the rapidly-expanding field of renewable energy. SEA specializes in objective interdisciplinary market, policy, financial and strategic analysis to help a diverse mix of clients develop thriving renewable energy businesses, new projects, effective policies, and critical market infrastructure. SEA focuses exclusively on developing opportunities for all forms of renewable energy in wholesale and retail electricity markets.
Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. SEA is committed to an inclusive work environment and supporting a talented workforce of diverse backgrounds and identities. All qualified applicants will be considered on merit, without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or medical condition (including pregnancy), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
At Sustainable Energy Advantage, LLC, we mix enthusiastic, smart, motivated, creative and curious individuals from a variety of disciplines into a tight-knit team with a shared sense of purpose (and humor). Work with our team of experts and make a difference.
LOCATION: Framingham, MA. Please note that public transportation is limited in this area. Due to the slowdown of the COVID-19 Pandemic, our staff is currently working within a hybrid home/office environment. Interns will be expected to be able to be present in the office in some capacity. This is subject to change in advance of the 2022 internship period, and proper notice will be provided in such a scenario.
AVAILABILITY: SEA is seeking a Research Associate Intern. Full-time availability is preferred but part-time positions are available. This is a three-month position; an option to extend into a Fellowship position may be available.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Above all, the qualified candidate will be motivated and able to undertake a range of responsibilities that may include, but will not be limited to:
• Monitoring and summarizing current renewable energy regulatory, legislative and policy developments;
• Performing detailed research and analysis (qualitative and quantitative) on various renewable energy-related policy and business activities, including supply and demand within New England’s REC markets at present and using future projections;
• Supporting the development of new SEA products and services.
• Pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s degree in a field related to energy, including (but not limited to) public policy, economics, environmental studies, finance, or other business- or energy-related studies;
• Demonstrated interest in, and commitment to, renewable energy and climate change related issues, and the ability to balance this passion for the subject matter with objective analysis;
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
• Comfort with performing analyses and discussing concepts related to policy as well as one or more of the following: economics, finance, accounting, engineering and environmental sciences;
• Organized and attentive to detail, ability to handle and track multiple detailed projects at the same time and to complete tasks efficiently;
• A motivated and flexible self-starter and team player, able to productively work independently under intermittent supervision in a team environment;
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Passionate about taking on new and potentially unfamiliar topics.
• Pursuing or recently completed a master’s degree in an energy-related field or 1-2 years’ work experience in the renewable energy industry;
• Experience tracking and analyzing legislation and public policy, and a strong understanding of the legislative process;
• Demonstrated familiarity with an understanding of electricity markets and renewable energy issues, including solar energy, renewable energy and carbon markets policy;
• Strong MS Access or other database software skills and knowledge of database theory, design, management, and SQL;
• Demonstrated interest and experience in marketing, particularly within the renewable energy industry;
• PGIS software or Web site design and programming experience a plus.
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) Internship Program:
SEA will give priority consideration to candidates who qualify for the Massachusetts Clean Energy Internship Program (click here for application and more information). When the opportunity is available, interested candidates will be asked to participate in the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center Internship Program by completing a MassCEC application, submitting a cover letter, resume and documentation verifying school enrollment.
COMPENSATION: This is a paid internship. Compensation commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume, and two references, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Internship Cover Letter and Resume