Power Systems Market Simulation Expert
Organization: Daymark Energy Advisors
Date Posted: 6/15/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Position Description & Details Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change.
We seek an exceptional candidate with expertise in power transmission modeling and energy market simulation and forecasting to join our team. The Power Systems Market Simulation Expert will help our team meet our clients’ growing need for insights into the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly evolving power markets.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements, and our team is located throughout the United States.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to travel and work arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Perform power market model-based price forecasts and analyses of the evolving power system landscape using the PLEXOS software by Energy Exemplar in both zonal and nodal configurations, based on solid fundamental understanding of power markets and modeling best practices. For example, recent projects have included assessing the LMP impacts of integrating large amounts of renewable resources and the impacts of adding carbon charges on market performance, production costs, and emissions.
- Lead, supervise, and support teams in market research, data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel and scripting.
- Identify impactful work initiatives and take responsibility to usher them to completion in an effective manner, engaging with clients and project teams, as appropriate.
- Provide analysis and expertise to enhance the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities.
- Maintain and improve energy market and power system databases.
- Operate other power system, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models.
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- Significant professional experience operating nodal market simulation models (in products like PLEXOS, ProMod, EnCompass)
- Prior consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to create their own work and delegate tasks to others
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Solid understanding of power system and market fundamentals
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau is desirable
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to engage with clients
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment