Organization: New England Power Generators Association
Date Posted: 1/19/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Reporting to NEPGA’s President, the successful candidate will be a nimble and quick thinker who shows proactive initiative to support the competitive generation industry advocacy in developing and sustaining open wholesale electricity markets in New England. This position will:
- Develop written advocacy materials including state legislative testimony as well as reports on topical issues on wholesale electricity market design and federal regulatory matters; and
- Monitor and analyze state legislation, hearings, and regulatory proceedings.
NEPGA is a membership-driven trade association. The person in this position will therefore regularly interface with a broad set of member companies. Excellent writing, strong communications, and a service-oriented skill set are a must.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A self-directed and collaborative worker who functions well in a small staff environment. Such an approach is further necessary to work with a diverse trade association membership and accept constructive feedback while following overall direction from the NEPGA Board and President.
- Experience working in public policy forums with an understanding of and providing insights on complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator accustomed to working on short deadlines. Must be well-organized with an attention to detail to manage numerous disparate issues and reporting requirements.
- A working knowledge of the competitive generation industry, wholesale electricity markets, and key issues impacting the industry.
- Interest and fluency on financial issues, market analytics, legal issues, and/or communications and social media are a plus.
- College degree required with a preference for an advanced degree.
NEPGA offers a compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience – Including a competitive salary, performance bonus, generous 401(k) retirement plan employer contribution as well as health, dental and vision insurance program.
NEPGA offers a flexible work environment with some travel and in-person meetings required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to NEPGA President Dan Dolan – email@example.com
The New England Power Generators Association (NEPGA) represents more than 90% of the installed electric generation capacity in New England. NEPGA Members operate a diverse set of generating facilities, including more than 7,500 MW of non-emitting and renewable resources in the region. NEPGA’s mission is to support competitive wholesale electricity markets in New England. We believe that open markets guided by stable public policies are the best means to provide reliable and competitively-priced electricity for consumers. A sensible, market-based approach furthers economic development, jobs and balanced environmental policy for the region.