Manager, Renewable Energy & Power Markets
Organization: Power Advisory LLC
Date Posted: 8/19/2022
City: Boston area (and remote)
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy Consulting
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Power Advisory LLC is a management consulting firm specializing in electricity market analysis and strategy, power procurement, policy development, regulatory and litigation support, market design and project feasibility assessment and go-to-market strategy. We are looking for a hardworking, self-directed and analytically-minded consultant who can manage consulting engagements and help develop new business, primarily in the US, but also in Canada.
Managers lead consulting engagements, which range from small to large complex projects, that involve financial, statistical, technical and economic data collection and analyses; spreadsheet and database creation and management; and report preparation. They develop their research and analytical skills as well as an understanding of the electricity sector. In addition to managing client projects, the Manager is expected to play an integral role in promoting the company, leading internal initiatives, and developing new business. The company is collaborative, fast-paced and deadline driven
This is a salaried full-time position with health care benefits and annual bonuses commensurate to individual contributions. It is functionally remote (i.e., you will not be working from the Concord, MA address listed), but the Boston area is strongly preferred, and Power Advisory would cover a suitable coworking space to the extent that is desired.
• Effectively manage consulting engagements on time and on budget
• Maintain and expand relationships with clients
• Develop new business with renewable energy (primarily solar, wind, storage, hydro) project developers, equipment manufacturers, utilities, investors and public sector agencies
• Conduct research on relevant electricity market topics, including market design, policy, regulations and electricity infrastructure projects
• Develop work products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) that clearly synthesize information into recommendations for client improvements or address client key questions
• Help develop electricity market, financial and economic models and perform complex spreadsheet analyses
• Provide guidance, coaching and quality assurance to junior staff
• At least 6-7 years of relevant industry or consulting experience
• Strong project management skills and experience
• Renewable energy background, with a commercial focus and good understanding of power markets
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated electricity market analysis capabilities
• Understanding of electricity contracting commercial issues
• Command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently and efficiently and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or other related discipline (required)
Power Advisory wants to attract, train and develop qualified staff. As a relatively small and growing firm, Power Advisory offers significant growth opportunities. The fast-paced work environment and close working relationship with senior staff provides significant opportunity for professional growth.
About the Company:
Power Advisory offers extensive experience in North American electricity markets.
Our market assessments are robust and reflect the deep understanding of the power system, market design and investment climate. Furthermore, we are regularly called upon by clients to critically assess project economics and to evaluate the reasonableness of their underlying assumptions in both wholesale and regulated markets.
Our advice is based on an understanding of fundamental economic drivers as shaped by electricity market structures, electricity market design, project development and associated commercial and financing agreements, regulatory frameworks, and market behavior. Our consulting services are provided by seasoned electricity sector professionals who offer a wide breadth and significant depth of industry knowledge. This experience and knowledge, combined with a detailed understanding of market fundamentals, yields the strategic insights that provide clients with the market advice that enhances project value and mitigates project risk.
Power Advisory was formed in 2007. We maintain offices in the Metropolitan Boston area and Toronto.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are asked to visit Power Advisory’s website www.poweradvisoryllc.com to make themselves familiar with the organization. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and a writing sample (in PDF format) to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Manager Opening”. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview may be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in Power Advisory.