Manager – Customer Choice
Organization: Rhode Island Energy
Date Posted: 7/20/2022
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Primary Category: Management
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
The Manager of Customer Choice is responsible for the daily management of the Company’s Customer Choice program, including: acting as key contact for natural gas marketers and large, high volume choice program customers; complying with all internal and RIPUC and DPUC guidelines with respect to the Company’s Customer Choice program; and representing the Company in all RIPUC and DPUC Customer Choice regulatory proceedings. In addition, the Manager of Customer Choice is responsible for contract administration for natural gas marketers and large customers, allocating pipeline and storage capacity to natural gas marketers; analyzing the effectiveness of the choice program; and proposing and supporting modifications to tariff services. The Manager is responsible for supporting the implementation and on-going utilization of an energy trading and risk management system and ensuring customer choice activity is recorded in this system as required.
- Develop a newly-formed organization to meet customer choice program objectives and manage the organization’s future success.
- Recruit, train and retain staff skilled in customer choice and contract/tariff administration activities with significant knowledge of natural gas retail transportation programs. Develop processes and ensure adequate training and personnel development planning and coordination. Undertake goal setting and performance measurement. Ensure that team members understand and support the natural gas business and direction of PPL RI.
- Manage all aspects of the Company’s Customer Choice program including: determination of pipeline and storage capacity release quantity and logistics; executing capacity releases in compliance with regulations (e.g., FERC); providing nomination requirements to natural gas marketers; and acting as Company representative in all communications with natural gas marketers.
- In conjunction with Gas Control, issue Operational Flow Orders (OFOs) and track natural gas marketer compliance with OFOs.
- Support monthly billing process for natural gas marketers including the determination of balancing, cash outs, and penalty charges.
- In conjunction with the Company’s accounting and billing functions, resolve natural gas marketer billing disputes and customer transition issues.
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of pipeline and storage regulatory filings affecting natural gas deliveries to the Company and explain same in response to internal and external inquiries.
- Anticipate potential impact of future market conditions, trends, and regulations; make associated recommendations; adopt and implement changes to Company’s Customer Choice program when required.
- Develop and implement PPL RI’s strategic position; understand the choice programs of other New England utilities and explain relative competitive positions; recommend actions based on positions, strategies, and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, engineering, mathematics, or other analytical discipline.
- Five to ten years of natural gas retail choice program experience preferably with natural gas utilities.
- Knowledge of retail transportation programs including mandatory capacity assignment; nominations, pipeline scheduling, balancing, and cash out processes; and retail marketer billing procedures.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and experience developing and supporting regulatory filings.
- Experience with recruitment, process development, training and mentoring of personnel.
- Knowledge of pipeline and storage tariff provisions and state regulatory/statutory requirements affecting a customer choice program.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at this link.