Organization: Energy New England (ENE)
Date Posted: 1/27/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Great Opportunity! Energy New England (ENE) is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, entry level Generation Analyst to join our team.
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of Energy New England’s Asset Optimization program. Contributes via generation offer development, coordinates with fuel suppliers, customers, and ISO New England. Understands ISO market rules and develops strategies to maximize customer and generator value while complying with all market regulations.
Generation technologies include centralized and distributed natural gas, oil fired simple and combined cycle units, cogeneration facilities, and renewable energy facilities including solar, hydro, and wind. Prospective areas of growth include integrating new technologies such as energy storage assets.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide daily support to the company’s asset management activities related to short-, intermediate- and long-term ISO-NE requirements for the Energy, Capacity, Reserve and Ancillary Service markets
- Schedule flexibility to include overnight, weekend and off-hour asset management coverage
- Support peak load management initiatives on both the demand and supply side
- Understand ISO market rules and evaluate impacts to customer interests
- Assist in the development of generator evaluation and performance reports
- Review generator performance from both merchant and load hedging perspectives
- Analyze settlements and market data to complete a wide variety of data requests
- Analyze ISO New England forecast, operational and settlement market data
- Monitor spot and forward fuel and energy markets to identify asset optimization opportunities
- Assist in building and refining models, tools, and processes that support the company’s efficiency and scalability
- Support asset management new business development initiatives
- Analyze ongoing market and environmental trends that could affect our customer base or support our growth strategies.
Qualifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 1-3 years experienced preferred, but recent college graduates also considered
- Prior ISO-NE / power pool / RTO market experience in an asset management role a plus
- Expert capabilities with Microsoft Office applications, particularly spreadsheet skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and supporting a variety of initiatives related to asset optimization and risk management
- Self-starter who understands or is committed to learning the wholesale energy marketplace
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in energy software applications and modeling a plus
- Database report generation and/or application development capability
Energy New England LLC is a trusted energy advisor working in the wholesale and retail energy markets in the Northeast. We serve the public power, independent power producer, higher education, and commercial and industrial end user communities. We are the largest energy risk management entity serving public power in New England, and are committed to being the preeminent strategic advisor and provider of customer focused solutions across the energy spectrum including risk management, energy procurement, renewable energy, generation management, distributed energy, energy storage, energy efficiency and demand response. We are prudently expanding our service offerings to serve our customers in a quickly changing, complex market environment.
HOW TO APPLY
We offer a competitive salary, great employee benefits, a generous time off package, and a great work environment
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Energy New England complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.