Organization: BlueWave Solar
Date Posted: 7/28/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Legal
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
As General Counsel, you will direct and implement effective strategies and policies for managing solar and storage development and transaction risk while ensuring adherence to all company policies. You will be responsible for managing and leading the legal team and also be a member of BlueWave’s senior executive team providing overall strategic leadership to the broader BlueWave organization. You will also provide general legal support, advice on policy matters, other corporate diligence matters and maintain proper legal systems and recordkeeping.
- Provide practical, legal and business advice to BlueWave personnel with respect to compliance issues, commercial transactions, marketing, new business opportunities and compliance reporting.
- Assist with the design and implementation of key strategic initiatives and business changes by providing tactical regulatory/compliance advice on regulatory requirements.
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships with other functional areas and business units to direct activities that promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management.
- Prepare for and coordinate third-party examinations, including ensuring that information requests from third-party partners and regulators are completed timely and accurately.
- Simplify the legal, regulatory and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements.
- Provide day-to-day advice to management and staff on a full spectrum of contractual and transactional matters, including consulting agreements, NDA’s, and related government/industrial & commercial contracting issues.
- Research and draft of legal memoranda; communications and negotiations with customers and vendors.
- Manage external attorneys involved in providing legal and regulatory advice with respect to policy interpretation, dispute resolutions, business transactions and compliance matters.
- Monitor and maintain current knowledge of industry trends in legal and compliance matters relating to the energy and innovative technology industries and pursuing ongoing professional development to maintain current knowledge on best practices.
- Draft, review, and where applicable negotiate commercial solar and storage contracts including leases, offtake agreements, payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) agreements, equipment and materials supply agreements, warranty terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements, and related documentation on contracts and legal documents for corporate transactions, including acquisitions, JVs, debt and equity financings, and related term sheets and letters of intent, EPC agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders, and operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements.
- Assist in the monitoring of legal developments, legislative changes, new laws, existing laws, and legal rights in the construction industry, particularly in relation to solar and tax equity finance.
- Assist with compliance and record keeping for legal entities, documents and proceedings.
- Provide support for regulatory filings.
The General Counsel is responsible for supervising a legal staff that will include full time employees, co-ops and interns.
- The ideal candidate must have a J.D. degree from an ABA approved law school and be an active member in good standing with the Bar. The candidate will have 10+ years’ experience working with a Corporate legal team, law firm, or in a legal counsel or consulting capacity
- Active law license in Massachusetts required with additional state licenses a plus
- Strong Commercial transactions background required and business education (undergraduate or graduate) a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Sound judgement, with the capability of distilling detailed information in a concise manner, developing independent opinions and defending own views.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Highly organized, flexible and efficient with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines on a routine basis
- Bases his/her decision-making process on ethics, integrity, and transparent communication
- Creates associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders – both internal and external
- A thoughtful evaluator of a broad spectrum of inputs, impacts and outputs of any decision and course of action
- This role requires a detail-oriented, organized and energetic self-starting team member with a strong legal background in the areas of solar and battery storage development, corporate administration and real estate
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at this link.