External Affairs Representative
Organization: ISO New England
Date Posted: 11/30/2021
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Build relationships with policymakers and regulators to bring into the organization an understanding of their priorities for energy policy in New England. Communicate the ISO’s priorities and initiatives to public officials and other external audiences and help position the ISO as an independent, trusted source of information about the regional power system of today and the power system of the future. Ideal candidates possess strong writing and presentation-delivery skills for successful outreach.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop and maintain an active network of legislative and executive branch staff and prepare timely briefing materials to keep ISO staff apprised of energy policy developments in assigned state(s)
- Identify opportunities to serve as an information resource to state officials on the ISO’s core responsibilities (i.e., planning and operating the power system and administering the wholesale electricity markets), priorities and initiatives
- Collaborate with team members to prepare talking points, remarks, and presentations for use by the organization’s representatives at external briefings and conferences, and develop a wide array of communications with the New England states
- Support plans to provide timely communication to public officials during power system emergencies
- Organize tours and training opportunities for public officials, business and industry organizations, and academic groups
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Articulate, self-starter, task-oriented, stays on top of assignments, personable, relationship builder, team player, and an ability to work independently when needed
- Experience working in a state policy or regulatory environment – either as legislative staff, executive branch staff, or state agency staff involved in energy policy – preferably in New England
- Working knowledge of the electric industry and origins of the wholesale electricity markets
- Ability to thrive in a highly technical environment that is guided to a great extent by processes and procedures, and that is characterized by a culture of compliance to fulfill state and federal regulatory requirements
- A desire to have an impact on the organization’s government affairs program in support of its unique mission, vision, and strategic goals
ISO New England oversees the 24/7 operation of the power grid that covers the six-states of New England and administers the region’s $10+ billion “stock exchange” for the buying and selling of wholesale electricity. The power system is constantly evolving as new technologies emerge and energy policies evolve. There is a lot going on at our organization behind the scenes to make sure the grid continuously yields reliable electricity at competitive prices while addressing the unique challenges that come along with our industry.
ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
What We Offer: ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan, continuous training and more. All benefits start on your first day.
Equal Opportunity: We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice: ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate’s postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow this link to apply.