Environmental Compliance Senior Specialist–South Fork Wind Farm
Date Posted: 2/24/2022
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Primary Category: Regulatory / Policy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Environmental Compliance Senior Specialist – South Fork Wind Farm
Imagine a future where you are a key part of ensuring the environmental and regulatory compliance of one of the United States first commercial-scale offshore wind farms.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading the implementation of environmental permit compliance program for construction, operation, and decommissioning for the South Fork offshore wind farm. You’ll work with colleagues in the United States and Europe, specialist consultants, and in consultation with regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
Welcome to US Permitting
You will be part of the US Permitting team where you, together with your colleagues, will support, develop and lead implementation of the environmental permit compliance program for the project in coordination with the other departments such as QHSE, Construction managers, EPC package managers, our Operations team, and our joint venture partner.
You’ll play an important role in:
- Driving the success of the Compliance Management System (CMS), regulatory compliance database, and associated activity-specific compliance tools, through the continued development, implementation, and optimization of these tools
- Working as a liaison with our QHSE team to support Ørsted’s compliance audit program
- Tracking permit conditions as project approvals are obtained from regulatory agencies while assisting construction managers, site managers, and contractor crews in implementation of conditions
- Leading and training environmental compliance contractors and consultants, environmental inspectors, third-party environmental monitors, and associated compliance field personnel (internal and external) during construction activities
- Ensuring fulfilment of compliance obligations for monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting to local, state, and federal agencies
- Creating, executing, and managing relevant compliance plans, internal procedures, protocols, and other management documents as required per regulatory authorizations and permits or for efficient internal workings
- Collecting and analysing QA/QC compliance data as required for agency reporting and internal tracking, as well as championing corporate environmental, health, and safety initiatives
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or science, engineering, construction management, or related field from an accredited program
- have 5 to 10 years of experience in environmental compliance management in an offshore infrastructure construction and operations industry
- have experience collaborating and communicating effectively with inter-disciplinary teams, such as QHSE, construction, EPC, and project management
- have familiarity with compliance-related data collection, monitoring, tracking, and reporting tools, such as compliance and database management software systems
- are experienced with interpreting and applying local, state, and federal environmental regulations and developing/maintaining relationships with key regulator; familiarity with NYS Article VII, BOEM, USACE, EPA, and state and federal protected species regulations is preferred
- can adapt to changing conditions and work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within tight deadlines
- are able to travel occasionally to Long Island job site to meet with construction staff, contractors & regulators – typically 1-3 days per trip
- periodic boat-based trips to offshore site will also be required
- ability to speak and write English fluently with strong Microsoft Office suite skills
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 27, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.