ENERGY OPERATIONS ANALYST
Organization: Energy New England (ENE)
Date Posted: 9/24/2021
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Energy New England LLC is a trusted energy advisor working in the wholesale and retail energy markets in the Northeast. We serve the public power, independent power producer, higher education, and commercial and industrial end user communities. We are the largest energy risk management entity serving public power in New England, and are committed to being the preeminent strategic advisor and provider of customer focused solutions across the energy spectrum including risk management, energy procurement, renewable energy, generation management, distributed energy, energy storage, energy efficiency and demand response. We are prudently expanding our service offerings to serve our customers in a quickly changing, complex market environment.
The Energy Operations Analyst supports the day-to-day activities of ENE’s power Operations team. The Operations team manages demand and generation throughout New England in both the bilateral and ISO NE markets. ENE provides front, middle and back office capabilities to a wide variety of customers. Position requires strong analytical as well as written and verbal communications skills with internal and external audiences, and a willingness to continually develop an in-depth understanding of the energy markets. Energy Operations Analyst will be exposed to the building blocks of managing demand and generation, as well as a number of energy contracting strategies, working with both front and back office staff to enhance existing processes and procedures.
Desired Attributes: Ready to learn, show initiative, and contribute in a team environment. Comfortable performing multiple tasks and supporting a variety of projects related to energy and supply management, portfolio modeling and optimization, transaction monitoring including credit and risk reporting, risk and credit management, and renewable energy. The position requires a self-starter who is comfortable and proficient using multiple software applications and data and system modeling.
- Analyze customer historical demand and develop load forecasts
- Develop power portfolio reports for internal and external customers
- Perform ISO and counterparty power scheduling, settlement and accounting; look for opportunities to help customers manage costs and exposures
- Evaluate local & regional peak demand requirements to support peak load management initiatives
- Analyze ISO New England forecast, operational and settlement market data and reports
- Understand ISO market rules and evaluate impacts to customer interests
- Develop work process improvements
- Participate in regular market assessments and environmental trends that could affect our customer base and our growth strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Research or Management, or appropriate discipline
- 2 plus years’ experience required, ISO NE or similar market experience a plus
- Proven sound analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert capabilities with Microsoft Office applications, particularly spreadsheet skills
- Database report generation and/or application development a plus
- Prior northeast / power pool / RTO market experience in an asset management role a plus
- Rotating weekend and off-hour market and bidding coverage required
We offer competitive salary and benefits programs, an entrepreneurial work environment and a supportive team structure.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume, including cover letter to email@example.com
Company complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.