Energy Efficiency Program Strategy Analyst
Organization: Rhode Island Energy
Date Posted: 6/24/2022
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
The Program Strategy Analyst provides leadership to achieve alignment of internal, regulatory, and stakeholder priorities while maintaining a focus on meeting customer needs and expectations for energy efficiency, demand response, beneficial electrification and other clean energy solutions. This role is based within RI’s Energy Efficiency Policy and Strategy team that leads the development of the annual and three-year energy efficiency plans to be filed with regulators on behalf of the Company. The role will have a focus on budgeting, performance goals, and external reporting. Comfort working cross-functionally is critical in this role to ensure many Company and stakeholder needs are managed on an aggressive timeline.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including advisory councils and their consultants, regulators, local governments, customer groups, environmental organizations, other utilities and program administrators, local contractors and vendor networks.
- Analyzes large sets of data relating to energy saving measures, customers, and budgets/spending/energy savings. Presents conclusions in a concise and readily understandable manner. Candidates with a background in creating new and successful data reporting processes are desired.
- Has expertise in Microsoft excel and the ability to become proficient in the Company’s internal data and reporting systems.
- Partners with several internal teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure optimal performance of program portfolio. Participate on process excellence teams and continuously improve processes for customers and colleagues.
- Comfortable and confident presenting in front of an audience to include internal and external stakeholders, advisory councils, and regulators at the Public Utilities Commission.
- Leads annual and quarterly reporting efforts to Rhode Island Energy Efficiency stakeholders, including regulatory filings for the Public Utilities Commission. Proactively research, produce, monitor and analyze cost, policy or other information to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
- Manage the day to day relationship with relevant internal parties or employees in order to understand their requirements, deliver appropriate, customized solutions and advice, and build cross-functional working in line with Rhode Island policies and processes.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in order to share best practices to provide technical advice and build bases of influence.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business discipline (Environmental Policy, Economics, Engineering, etc.) with at least 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth experience in energy efficiency, evaluation, sustainable energy or government is desired.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates, please follow this link to apply online.