Organization: Energy New England (ENE)
Original Date Posted: 9/6/2022
City: Belmont, Concord, and Reading areas
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy Auditing
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Energy New England is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, Energy Auditor to join our team.
Responsible for conducting Residential Home Energy Assessments served by municipal utilities on the North Shore with a focus on Belmont, Concord, and Reading areas. Model current home energy usage and recommend improvements and upgrades. Provide infrared scans (IR) when conditions permit and install various LED’s and other small, instant-savings measures.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Perform residential and multi-family energy audits using ENE designated software
- Compile detailed work recommendations for customers and contractors on energy efficiency measures
- Provide Infrared Scans (IR) as part of the energy audit
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and training to customers on issues related to energy efficiency
- Install energy saving measures in residential homes and multi-family dwellings
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues related to energy usage
- Work performed requires periods of walking and standing. May require stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Work requires occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years similar experience
- BPI Building Analyst Certification
- Familiar using SnuggPro software
- Reliable vehicle to transport inventory
- Provide exceptional customer service while always maintaining a friendly, professional demeanor with our customers
- Self-motivated and an ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Travels frequently within assigned territory
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends and overtime as necessary
- Consent to a CORI background check
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to Careers@ene.org
We offer a competitive salary, great employee benefits, a generous time off package, and a great work environment
Energy New England (ENE) was founded in 1998 to enhance the competitive position of public power entities in response to deregulation and to attain operating efficiencies in energy risk management and retail account management. We are a municipal light plant cooperative established under Chapter 164, Section 47C of the Massachusetts General Laws. Our ownership is made up of light departments in Braintree, Taunton, Concord, Hingham, and Wellesley, Massachusetts.
ENE is the largest wholesale risk management and energy trading organization serving the needs of municipal utilities in the northeast. We currently manage the power supplies of over twenty municipal electric systems serving more than 1100 MW of electric load and more than 550 MW of generation in all six New England states. We advise on and/or conduct more than one billion kilowatt hours in wholesale power transactions and 100-150 million kilowatt hours in retail transactions annually. We also manage up to 250,000 therms of natural gas per day within our customers’ portfolios, as well as up to 5,000 barrels per day of fuel oil.
ENE works with numerous businesses, residents and utilities to help promote the principles of conservation, efficiency, and environmental stewardship, and advances the many benefits available through integrated sustainability planning. The ENE service portfolio encompasses the 4 C’s of sustainability: Conservation, Carbon Mitigation, Commodity Services, and Clean Technologies.
Energy New England complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.