Director, Gas Procurement
Date Posted: 2/1/2022
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Primary Category: Business Development
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Louisville Gas and Electric, Kentucky Utilities and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 2.5 million customers in the U.S. and rewarding careers for thousands of employees. PPL continues to grow and is currently pursuing regulatory approval to acquire The Narragansett Electric Company in Rhode Island. In anticipation of a successful closing of the acquisition, PPL is recruiting for positions to support this utility.
The Director of Gas Supply Planning position will be located in Rhode Island and will be responsible for the planning, contracting and energy procurement process for gas supply planning across the Rhode Island portfolio. The Director ensures supply and transportation agreements meet the Company’s forecast load obligations in the most reliable and cost-effective manner.
The Director, Gas Supply Planning is responsible for leading the planning, contracting and commodity procurement process to meet the short- and long- term requirements of the PPL RI gas utility customers. In this role, the Director will manage the supply portfolio to ensure reliable least cost natural gas supplies for customers. The Director will establish and implement effective, reasonable processes to secure gas supply to meet load obligations consistent with internal guidelines, approved Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission and Division of Public Utilities and Carriers (RIPUC) procedures, guidelines, and regulations, and all other applicable rules and regulations. This individual will also prepare, support, and defend submissions to the RIPUC for gas cost recovery, rate approvals, Customer Choice activity, as well as policy changes and other regulatory activities at both the State and Federal levels, in conjunction with internal and external legal counsel.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, engineering, or science.
- A minimum of ten years of in-depth gas industry experience specifically with New England natural gas markets and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated leadership in recruitment, training and mentoring of gas supply planning personnel.
- Thorough knowledge of developing and managing gas supply planning, and procurement functions, including but not limited to demand forecasting and supply, storage, and pipeline capacity acquisition.
- Knowledge of regulatory proceedings, processes, and policies applicable to gas supply portfolio management and pricing, including experience as a witness in such proceedings.
- Knowledge of energy commodity trading products and procurement, risk management practices, standards, and processes as well as energy trading and risk management systems and analytical tools.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage commitments to ensure all projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong cross-organizational relationships, and build and maintain successful relationships across other industry sectors
- Possess excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel applications.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, engineering, or science.
HOW TO APPLY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.