Analyst, Solar Development (HYBRID)
Organization: BlueWave Solar
Date Posted: 11/20/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Energy
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Analyst of Solar Development, the successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Solar Development and will be responsible for supporting the Project Development Team on selected solar projects in Massachusetts. Your daily activities will include but not be limited to project support, strategic research and analysis, including all paperwork/filings and contract/agreement development and management. Attention to detail, creativity, strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. This will be a hybrid position and the ideal candidate will be able to work remotely 2-3 days a week and in the Boston office the other days.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Support the development of Solar PV opportunities in Massachusetts
- Represent BlueWave within the development team including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities and customers
- Utilize our project management, document control and MIS tools to control and report on project progress
- Support the Director of Solar Development in driving project timelines and costs
- Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirement milestones and monitoring project progress against those requirements
- Follow all document control procedures, with a particular focus on critical control documents
- Support BlueWave’s oversight role in projects under construction
- Research market trends and strategy
- Provide quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions
- Collaborate/Coordinate with other teams at BlueWave
- Prepare internal and external documents and presentations
- Other duties as requested by your supervisor
- Self-starter that can catch up to speed quickly
- Advanced financial modeling Excel skills, and familiarity with variety of software offerings
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver’s license
- Must be able to perform site visits
- Bachelor’s degree/graduate degree a benefit
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at this link.