Account Manager, Residential Energy Efficiency
Organization: Abode Energy Management
Date Posted: 5/9/2022
Country: United States
Primary Category: Management
Type of Position: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION & DETAILS
Account Manager, Residential Energy Efficiency
Hybrid position based out of our Concord, MA headquarters (initially primarily office-based with potential for more remote work over time)
About Abode Energy Management
Abode Energy Management (Abode) is a Massachusetts-based energy management and consulting company with expertise in residential building science, energy efficiency, and strategic electrification. Our collective experience in building performance, utility program implementation, community engagement, and workforce development form the foundation that enables us to deliver data-driven results for our partners, clients, and their customers. We are passionate about helping our industry succeed through a training-based, collaborative approach and are committed to building a nimble business that objectively serves all stakeholders with a focus on accountability, integrity, respect, and open communication.
Abode is focused on broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the energy sector. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds thrive.
Abode oversees Trade Allies (including Home Performance Contractors (HPC’s)) providing residential energy assessments and weatherization services for the utility-sponsored Mass Save program. This position focuses primarily on day to day management of HPC relationships to help ensure program success. This is a terrific opportunity for someone with field-based experience in the Mass Save program who wants to focus on building meaningful relationships with contractors, providing them with updates and insights to help them thrive while still holding them highly accountable.
Reporting to the VP of Utility Operations and working closely both with other Abode back office staff and field inspectors, the Account Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-Day Oversight of HPC’s
The Account Manager will meet regularly with HPC’s to roll out program changes, provide them with feedback, and hold them accountable for meeting program requirements.
- Dealing with Escalated Customer Issues
The Account Manager will get involved and work with HPC’s and the utilities as needed to resolve escalated customer issues. The Account Manager will respond to and resolve customer issues sent to Abode through reviews, the utilities, social media, and all other channels.
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators
The Account Manager will take the lead on tracking KPI’s for program success, and work across Abode and the HPC’s to help improve performance against those KPI’s as needed.
- Program Improvements
The Account Manager will assist the VP Utility Operations in work with the utility Program Administrators and Trade Allies to discuss and implement program changes.
- Back Office Support
The Account Manager will provide support as needed to other Abode staff to help with program operations.
Ideal candidates will bring most, if not all, of the following skills and experience:
- Five or more years of highly relevant previous experience
- Managing B to B relationships; building strong enduring partnerships
- Holding other parties accountable to KPI’s
- Successfully resolving customer issues
- In-depth knowledge of the in’s and out’s of Mass Save or similar residential energy efficiency programs, and/or demonstrated experience in quickly mastering and working within the confines of a similarly complex utility or regulatory program.
- Knowledgeable about residential construction, building science, and/or weatherization.
- Demonstrated aptitude with software such as Microsoft Office, Excel and Salesforce. Comfortable finding and presenting data clearly and logically, working across software programs as needed.
- Clear, effective, structured communications skills; able to meet diverse audiences where they are.
- Collaborative team player, brings a positive can-do attitude.
- Associates degree or higher and/or comparable knowledge gained through relevant experience.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with a starting annual salary targeted between $70K to $85K depending on relevant skills and experience
Abode offers its employees a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, a matching 401k, and paid Parental Leave. Employees have a flexible working schedule and generous paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit https://abodeenergymanagement.applytojob.com/apply/7bgy1C6QYe/Account-Manager-Residential-Energy-Efficiency?source=NECS+Account+Manager to submit a resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter clearly explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. We will review applicants on a rolling basis for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!